Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 28, 2011

just keep swimming...just keep swimming...

It feels like Sprout has been doing a lot of that lately! We've heard that some people can start feeling the baby as early as 16 weeks but were kind of skeptical we'd feeling anything so soon. I'm at the middle of 16 weeks and the other night I was laying in bed reading and had my hand on my belly. I noticed one side felt a little harder than the other, as if something (or someone) was pushing against that spot. When Jen came in from her shower I told her to feel my belly. After being a little grossed out, she pushed on the spot then across my belly to feel the difference. She felt the harder spot and as she was pressing she felt something move. It was like a little flutter from one side to the other and she said "my baby is moving!" I will never forget the look on her face! It was a combination of shock and amazement and love and nervousness and utter happiness. I put my hand on the same spot and could feel it too. It was like little Sprout was swimming around in my belly! I've felt the same fluttery, swimming feeling the last few days at work. When I'm sitting at my desk typing and it's quiet in the office I feel the little flutter go from one side to the other. So amazing!

We have our next Sprout appointment tomorrow afternoon and neither of us can wait! We're hoping to have our 2nd trimester ultrasound but I have a feeling that will be next month. Can't wait to see and hear our little Sprout again!

1 comment: